Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Got kids?


So, Anna over at Absolutely Beautiful Things, blogged about her son's room. (Loved the post and your blog!!) Kids' rooms are sometimes a challenge. The marketing companies have done such a great job of brainwashing them that their idea of a neat room is having one that looks like Disney threw up on. I thought the little girls room featured above is such a nice and simple, yet beautiful, space for a little princess to grow up in. Which got me thinking about ways to preserve the "adult" space...



Anyone with kids knows that keeping your beloved home decor in decent shape is close to impossible. But a great idea is to cover it. I know it's been showcased to death, but Schumacher's "Chiang Mai" is featured above. It's a great way to have your cake and eat it too. I don't know about you, but I am always freaking out on my kid (poor little dude) when he runs around like he's possessed and jumps all over my furniture. Here's a possible solution. I know it's not ideal because you don't want to seem like a grandma, but I have yet to find a better solution. Ideas? Please discuss...

Images via Domino

2 comments:

annechovie said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! You are doing a great job with yours and that fabric looks like a great spot disguiser. Also, the plastic-coated fabrics are terrific when itcomes to practicality, although the choices are some what limited. Keep up the great work!

KM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.