Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Candylicious!!

I don't know about you, but I have always had the dream of owning a white house with black shutters. To me, it just doesn't get any better than this. I guess it's my southern family roots that always lead me back to the slower pace of life. This home is actually the most charming store as well. Would you believe it? There are a few locations in North Carolina and they call themselves, Cottage Chic, "a lifestyle store." A lifestyle, indeed. I don't believe I would want my entire house furnished from here, but they certainly have a plethora of cottage style goods to choose from...bed linens, furniture, lighting, apothecary, clothing, retro appliances, artwork, you name it, they've got it!

Here is the beauty in all her glory! There is the most charming tree lined road leading up to the house.
ALWAYS a sucker for a white sofa. Featured here is Rachel Ashwell's. I also love their artwork. It's so happy and vibrant. How great is the b&w checkered floor. I really enjoy the combo with the marble counters and open shelving.
Loving the Key West vibe of these pieces.
And how cute is this! I would love a good book, cup of coffee, and my most comfortable jammies and robe.
So, I know "Cottage Chic" isn't exactly in the forefront of interior design, but I'm not too much of a snob that I can't appreciate a great, comfy space when I see one. Has anyone heard of this place, or actually been here? Do tell!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Never heard of it!!! Looks like lots of really pretty things & a fun place to visit. So happy & cheerful in there!!
xoxo

Haven and Home said...

I have never been there but it looks so cute. I agree, I appreciate Cottage Chic too...

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

how fun! i just left you a little surprise on my blog... to let you know how much i enjoy reading yours each day!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I have a little white house with black shutters! You must come to NY and visit it. It's not as amazing as the one you pictured, but it's my little cottage.

I so want to take a peek into one of these stores. Looks like fun.

I just read that Shabby Chic filed for Chapter 11. So sad.

Oliveaux said...

Looks cute & cheerful! x

apparentlyjessy said...

Wow, I love the style of this house! The pictures on the wall about the white couch is so my cup of tea! Oh and I adore the striking pink lounge chairs too, I can just imagine curling up with a hot drink and a good book in one of those...