Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Holding Pattern

My Dear Readers,
While I do have a great passion for interior design, lately I have been feeling a little unfulfilled by the content of my blog. Some of you might know where I am coming from, and others will just think I am crazy. But I have been growing so much in my life lately; growing personally, growing in my faith, learning life lessons etc. I am feeling a tug on my heartstrings to make a bit of a change. I do think I want to continue the blog, but possibly in a different direction. I am feeling compelled to share more of myself than just beautiful rooms I love, and it is my hope that I will inspire others in the process. I am going to take a little teensy break from The Steel Magnolia House to figure out where I want to go with it. I do know this: I want it to have soul. And I think the way to accomplish this is by sharing more of my faith and more of my life. I will still interject design, how could I not, I love it dearly. But this blog will have a new dynamic. And I realize that I might lose some of you who are only interested in design, and that's ok with me. To those of you who will be with me still, thank you, and to those of you who I lose, I wish you nothing but the best! This has been a very fun adventure, and thank you all!
Love,
Steel Mags

3 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I struggle with this sometimes too- I love design and houses and pretty things...but I don't want it to be the only thing that people associate me with... My faith being the most important thing... anywho. I look forward to your future posts!

Lauren said...

I have been wondering where you've been!!! I think this will be a great change for your blog even though I love it as it is... but your personality comes accross so much in your comments & text that I think we'd all love to see more of you. You have me laughing outloud a lot of the time so I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Keep us posted, okay???
xoxo

Haven and Home said...

I know exactly how you feel! I will definitely stay with you. Faith inspires me more than pretty rooms. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I know it will be great. I like the more personal blogs anyways! Good luck!