Monday, February 2, 2009

Sea Change





Lately I have been thinking a lot about blogging; what makes a good blog? how am I benefiting from blogging? etc. And one of the things I have been noticing is that my style, my aesthetic, is beginning to shift. There are so many wonderful resources available to us in blog world that, I believe, ultimately end up influencing and shaping our vision. Before I started doing this, my style was a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but now I can see it is being honed, and for that I am grateful. I am growing so much in this adventure, as I am sure some of you are too! How great is that! A gigantic thank you to all of you who are inspiring me!

I came across these images again last night from Coastal Living. This Jersey Shore beach cottage was featured in their September issue and is one of my very favorites. It has the coastal element, which we all know I am a huge fan of (should I just go ahead and change the name of my blog??!! lol), and also just the right amount of modern, which is a little new for me. The owners hired Kathryn Saunders (would link but can't find a website for her) to aid in the design. I think she did a fantastic job. The cypress paneling really sets the tone for the whole vibe.
What about all of you? Do you find that your style has been influenced at all by other designers and/or bloggers?

7 comments:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I absolutely love that bedroom! This home is just beautiful!

My style has definitely been influenced...mostly because I knew nothing about design before I started my blog!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love your blog... found it via Haven and Home. Great post... and yes, I find myself/my style being influenced by other designers and blogs... there is just so much out there!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

What a great beach house. It's just beautiful. I love the carpet in the bedroom. So pretty.

My style is totally influenced by other designers and bloggers. Sometimes I'm so wrapped up in what I like and what is my style that I don't see everything that is out there so it's great to get a heads up on things and find new items that I can add to my own style.

Lauren said...

Totally agree with you about my style becoming more concrete. It helps so much to have others to bounce thigns off of & to have them help you really discover your own style. great post!
xoxo

Kasey said...

I don't know how i found you, but glad i did.
xxoo

Rachel Follett said...

I never thought I would love all the wood walls! What a great home and I am really loving your blog!
dwellings and decor

Lauren said...

hahah Yes!! I want a white house to!!! If it has shutters, they'll be black.

I think we should just pool our money together & go for it!!
xoxo