Monday, February 9, 2009

Update and Warning!

Remember this?

Well, I feel obligated to tell you, my fellow readers, that this picture of Cadence yellow fabric is NOT what it really looks like, in real life! No sir, not at all. I waited over a week to get these yards in. Every day I kept waiting to hear brown's truck coming down the street, and finally, FINALLY, when it did, I tore open that package like a kid on Christmas morning. And to my dismay, oh the horrors! When it says "corn yellow on linen" what it really means is school bus on brown. Yu-cky! I will not be using this anymore. No mas. I did, however, really like Best Friends. Now that is true to it's image. So, now I am scrambling to find another fabric to coordinate with BF's. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I finished up the painting today. I say "finished up", what I really mean is I painted the walls in like 2.5 hours flat. Baby was sleeping and Mama had to get her stuff done!!

4 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh that's so sad that it looked like it did on the web. I hate when that happens.

I am happy to hear that the best friends fabric was good.

I'm going to be the search for a new yellow fabric for you.

Kasey said...

i hear ya!

LindsB said...

I just found your blog, and I love it!!

Sorry you had such a bad turn out with the fabric you ordered. I know that this is more a pure white background (I think) but have you checked out the Calico Corners one that looks just like that:

http://www.calicocorners.com/product/designer+fabrics+for+the+home/shop+fabrics+by+color/yellow/key+west+white-yellow.do

I cant wait to read through the rest of your blog, I love it so far!!

Pink Wallpaper said...

oh no that totally sucks...my experience w/ them was good...but it's nice to know in advance- no yellow! so did you find a paint you liked?!